This project began as an update. But we quickly found out that the WordPress website had been built with an unstable structure. Triage began behind the scenes while the site continued to put on a good face to the public. The client’s goals included:
- Updating the large range of wine collections offered on the site
- Make it easy to find products by brand, type, country and other criteria
- Have the option to easily expand the site’s feature and content in the future
- The site was transferred to a new host, with new stable structure
- A new portfolio system was implemented, allowing for easy criteria cross-cataloging
- New vintages and products are now simple to update while removing previous ones
We transitioned to the new site seamlessly on the public side. Site traffic has risen steadily over more than a year.