Isn’t that always the challenge? Keeping the pipeline chock full of eager clients just dying to buy your stuff?
Who are these fabulous clients who think you’re the best thing since sliced bread? How much do you know about your ideal clients? If your pipeline isn’t exactly bursting with these wonderful clients (or the steady flow is down to a trickle), perhaps the fish have moved to another plumbing system. (I know, that’s a terribly ungraceful analogy. But everyone knows you’re supposed to say, “pond,” and I thought that was boring.)
Here’s a simple test to see how well you know your clientele:
- What percentage are male or female?
- What’s the predominant age range? 18-29? 30-45? Over 55?
- Married or single?
- Household income?
- Zip code (where they live)?
Are you feeling pretty good now about your knowledge of your customer base? If you’ve got solid answers for all of the above, you’re on the right track. But that’s only the beginning.
Demographics are great for the census bureau and statisticians. But in this day in age, you’ve got to dig down deep to learn how they think, what they feel and what problems they have that you can solve.
Unless you really investigate the nitty-gritty, daily details of your customers’ lives, you will have a LOT harder time creating targeted marketing that hits on their hot buttons.
Now that you know their demographics, see how well you can answer these psychographic questions:
- What are their values? Do they live for fancy vacations or prefer tinkering around their homes?
- Do they have Smartphones or eschew hi-tech gadgets? If the former, what apps do they like? Games?
- Where do they shop for food? Clothes? Books? Online? Local (if so, where?) What do they like?
- What are their greatest hopes? What frustrates them? What do they fear?
If you know the answers to most of these questions, you’re in a pretty good position to know where you can advertise and at what frequency. If you don’t know the answers, that may be why your pipeline now has only an irregular trickle of new leads and clients for you.
What can you do about it? Start by interviewing some of your best customers. How would they answer these questions?
(Warning: Commercial Break Ahead)
If you’re frustrated because you’ve tried everything and it’s not working; if you feel like your target market has vanished into thin air; and if you feel you need to recharge your creative batteries and your entrepreneurial spirit so that the flow of leads and clients turns back into a gusher, then I have the perfect solution for you!
Starting mid-April I’ll be teaching Magnetic Marketing, The Secrets to Consistenty Attracting Your Ideal Clients in a New Economy. This is a 6-class course with more than 9 hours of classroom instruction, complete with manual, worksheets and more to help you transform your business into a high income and high service money machine! Go from zero to complete marketing plan and budget in less than 90 days. In this course you’ll learn to:
- Identify the best marketing opportunities for your specific business (and which are clunkers) through detailed analysis of your best customers.
- Recognize which strategies and tactics will garner your business the fastest, easiest and greatest revenue generating leads possible.
- Apply new marketing skills in order to gain the confidence quickly of your ideal clients in a tough economy.
- … and much more!
For more details on Magnetic Marketing, class schedule, pricing and more, please call me at 707-226-6560 at Cornucopia Creations, or click here for details, or download the PDF flyer. There’s a $50 discount for early registration by April 1st! Please forward this email to any friends or colleagues you think may be interested in re-magnetizing their marketing programs.